Yet another recipe: White gluten-free bread

I'm still on the hunt for nice bread recipes. Requirement: gluten-free AND dairy-free. The Irish Soda Bread I made last time was very delicious - but it doesn't last very long. Even after a day or two it gets a yucky taste to it :-(

Earlier this week I found a recipe for white gluten-free bread after asking google for help. I had to make some minor changes to the recipe and the dough is not the easiest or fastest to prepare. But it turned out quite good. I had some straight away which was alright - the rest went into the freezer. Just had some of if - microwaved for about 30 seconds then slighty toasted. YUMMY =D So I'm sharing this one with you as well... (ATTENTION: You do need a breadmaker for this recipe!)

Ingredients

1 egg
1 1/3 cups water
1/4 cup melted butter (I used Olivani - a dairy-free spread based on olive oil)
1 teaspoon (tsp) lemon juice
1 tablespoon (tbsp) honey (didn't have any, so left it out)
1 cup tapioca flour
2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup cornflour
1/2 cup potato flour

--> I can't be bothered buying ten different flours so I normally use the Healtherie's baking mix or like this time Orgran's self-raising gluten-free flour mix

1 tbsp Xantham Gum
1 1/2 tsp powdered gelatine (didn't have any, so left it out)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp powdered milk (as a dairy substitute I used 4 tbsp soymilk instead)
1 tbsp dried yeast

Preparation

* whisk egg and water together in a bowl and put in the breadmaker
* add melted butter, lemon juice (and honey)
* in a separate bowl combine the flours, Xantham Gum, (gelatine), salt, sugar and milk
* add mix to the breadmaker
* sprinkle yeast on top
* set breadmaker to "Basic" mode

Once the bread is ready let it cool down in the breadmaker for about 10 minutes, then take it out and let it cool down further on a rack. Brush the top with melted butter for a nicer crust.

Comments

  1. Tried that one again last night with a few changes... this time I DID use a bit of honey, I used Healtherie's Baking Mix instead of that self-raising flour AND I sprinkled the yeast on top - MAN THAT BREAD IS THE BEST EVER!!! Very fluffy, very tasty no matter if plain or toasted... give it a try =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts