Harvest time






Had a look in the garden for some salad ingredients and look what I found! Maybe not quite a salad, but yummy nonetheless :-) My first kohlrabi this year *woohoo* That will probably end up in my lunchbox tomorrow - if it survives the evening... Haven't had one in years, so glad I stumbled across the seeds last year. There's a few more in the ground and now that I know they grow well up here I'll definitely put some more seeds in soon.

Our new chilli plant also seems to be producing well, might have to look into pickling maybe? For now they'll go in the freezer - I hear a chilli con carne coming soon...

Big thanks to my cousin Mario for sending us those carrot seeds last year. They finally went in the ground this year and are growing beautifully. Only just starting to thin them out so they don't go to waste. These baby ones are yummylicious! Haven't turned purple yet, so I guess there's a lot more room to grow for them once I've taken more little ones out.

Did I mention I LOVE gardening? Who would have thought...

Comments

Popular Posts