Welcome to New Zealand, Mara!

3.5 years and about $3000 (NZ) later I can finally announce: I am a New Zealand resident *woohoo* The mailman brought my passport back to me yesterday with a brand new resident visa! Until November 2015 I can enter and exit the country as often as I like without losing that status - then I get my permanent residency.

I am positively surprised how fast and hassle free everything went this time. They reckon Immigration NZ needs 3 to 9 months to even assign you a case manager... I must have been REALLY lucky this time... I only sent my application off during the first week in October. Three weeks later I had my application approved and - after paying yet another fee and sending my passport back - three more weeks later my passport including my resident visa was in the mail. Never even heard from my case manger or anything .-)

Thank you Immigration New Zealand =D This is one of the happiest days in my life! Now I can concentrate on my next dreams and goals... my brain just never sleeps *lol*

Comments

  1. Mensch Mara, das lese ich jetzt erst!!!
    Dann hat das Daumendrücken offenbar geholfen und das Bangen hat ein Ende!

    Allerherzlichsten Glückwunsch und eine fröhliche, warme Weihnachtszeit in Kiwiland.
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts