Weekend trip to Piha

It's been a while since I've started working with Pukeko Au Pair. Unfortunately its founder Marina and I have never been able to meet in person - until this weekend. Every year in September Marina organizes a weekend for new Au Pairs at a beachstay in Piha, one of Auckland's most famous beaches. She invited me to come along and take the time to finally get to know each other.

Had a really good weekend (though I was still sick). Got up early as on Saturday to hopefully watch the sunrise but unfortunately it was too cloudy. Still the sky was mean with beautiful colours.

Later in the day we walked to Kitekite Falls - a very scenic bush track through native Kauri forest that leads you to the bottom of the falls (about 30mins). If you continue you can hike up to the top but I opted for the easy way back *lol* On Sunday we went to Piha Beach again and this time the weather was absolutely GORGEOUS!

Check out some of my pictures on Facebook :-) (You don't actually need to be registered to see them)

Comments

Popular Posts