Blessed be he who has true friends

After having bought my car - which by the way is awesome to drive, just needs a name now *lol* - I was pretty much broke. All my savings gone, overdraft had reached its limit. I was anxiously waiting for my first payday at my new job. Which was meant to be this Wednesday. Well - can you imagine how I felt when on Thursday there was still no money in my account? And to make things worse - when I called them up just to be informed that because of the system they have my first pay actually won't go in until the end of February?!?!? With not a cent left in my pockets and no back-up plan, already owing half of my rent - I thought the world had collapsed. How was I supposed to pay my bills? Let alone shop for groceries or get petrol in order to get to work?

Let's just say I wasn't a very happy person on Thursday. In fact I was a mess. Most Germans are known to need security, especially financially. I knew once I got my regular payments I'd be sweet again. But how to survive the next two weeks?

Well, my desperate prayers were answered a day after in the form of what anybody who has them can call themselves blessed: true friends. So today things don't look even half as gloomy as a couple of days ago. I won't be starving. I won't have to be afraid of being kicked out of the hostel.

So here is to all the wonderful people in my life whom I know I can always count on, who make me smile when I'm feeling low and who laugh with me in good times.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts