How to save money in Queenstowm

After having arrived in Queenstown on Friday Matt and I had paid the $25 each to get up on Queenstown Hill via the Gondola. It was worth it but surely you don't want to pay that much money every time you feel like getting a good view over the city. So today after having had a proper sleep in til almost noon I followed the advice of my hostel staff and hiked up the hill.

The guy had told me it was going to be steep - and he didn't exaggerate! It takes about an hour to complete the walk all the way up to the top of the gondola. It's a constant climb in zigzags where you climb over rocks and tree roots. I really had to fight my asthma on this one and of course I have left my asthma spray behind in Whangarei.

But I made it eventually and was able to enjoy the view from above with beautiful sunshine :-) Spent a few hours up there watching people going on the luge or bungee-jumping. You can also go on a flying fox up there or hire a mountain-bike and cycle back down the hill. Heaps of things to do!

Tonight they have a roast lamb dinner at the hostel which you can join for only $8. Tomorrow I'm off to Milford Sound for the day. The hostel staff arranged a special deal for only $145!!! Normally you pay $20 more at least...

Comments

  1. Ach, wie schön, das klingt nach einem richtig tollen Urlaub!! Genieß es!! Wie lange noch?
    (Und wer ist Matt? Hab ich da was verpasst?) LG von drüben

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts