Oh, it's been too long...

Guess what - Maerchen will finally be back on the road in less than a month *woohoo* My last real holiday seems ages ago and with all my hours working during the Rugby World Cup I've been able to save a little bit of money. And you all know what I love spending my money on most :-)

I already talked to out Assistant Manager about taking some time off once the crazy times are over and all the rugby fans have left town. She's more than happy to let me go for a week or two before summer season hits. Makes it easier for her giving everybody else enough hours. So I decided to explore this beautiful country a bit more - and go down south.

Thanks to grabaseat I just managed to get a ticket from Auckland to Christchurch for only 59 dollars!!! My plan is to spend a few days there (hopefully without any earthquakes), then grab a car/campervan and "relocate" it to Queenstown. Relocating means you help the rental companies get their vehicles back to where they belong after people have hired it but only drove from A to B instead of going in a circle. It's cheap as!!! You get deals for about 5 dollars and between CHCH and QT they normally give you 4 or 5 days to complete your journey. Doesn't matter which way you go. Found out about this via Dan's cousin who told me about it a few days ago. Thank you Ryan =D Just hoping I'll find a good deal for the time I'm going there.

If everything works out the way I plan it and I find some good couchsurfers to stay with I should be able to get quite a lot out of this trip for little money =D And I might even have someone to join me, at least for part of the trip. But that's another story ;-) I'll tell you more once the trip itinerary becomes more detailed...

Comments

Popular Posts