Cheap as a budgie!

My little trip to the South Island is getting a face =D Thanks to a friend of mine I have just hired a campervan to get from Christchurch to Queenstown - for only $5 a day!!! It's called relocation. When someone hires a vehicle but instead of going in a circle only drives from A to B the rental company needs to get that vehicle back to A - without spending too much money. So instead of putting it on the back of a truck they give it to poor travellers like me and have them drive it back for them. For very little expenses.

Of course there are a few downsides to it. Limited kilometers (you pay approx. 50 cents extra for each kilometer you're over the allowance) and limited time. We will have 2.5 days to get from Christchurch to Queenstown which doesn't sound like a lot to begin with. But since we only have a week in total anyway that's really not too bad. The few major things we really want to do and see on the way we'll have no problem fitting into the schedule. So all sweet *woohoo*

So one thing I really need to get done this week is getting my Kiwi driver's licence. Gosh I'm excited =D

Comments

Popular Posts