Kiwis love to go camping!


I think I can actually count with both hands the amount of times I have been camping in my life until today. It's not that Germans don't like it - just my family didn't. I guess that's what you get for growing up with your mom only. Adding my fear of spiders und dislike of bugs I've come to the conclusion long ago that I'm just not made for camping.

Well, now that I'm in New Zealand I'd better get over it. Because Kiwis LOVE camping. Most of them anyway... So last weekend Daniel and I joined four of our mates and went on a short adventure. And you know what? Apart from me burning my lip trying to roast a marshmellow on the bonfire (don't ask me how I did that...) AND the fact that there was no "proper" toilet - just a longdrop (Plumpsklo) - I actually enjoyed it.

We went for a swim, got ourselves a free mud-treatment and feasted on all the yummy food we had brought along. Roasted potatoes, steaks, roasted marshmellows, chocolate covered heated bananas and then baked beans, bacon and eggs for breakfast. I think I gained two kilogramms in just 24 hours ;-/ Better get back to my fitness programm now...

Comments

  1. Oho, ganz so isses net mit der Campfremdheit. Dein Vater war zeitlebens Camper und Tramper. Ja die Mutter hatte eine strickte Abneigung.Erste Einladung in belorussische Wälder zu Überlebenstraining, fern jedweder Zivilisation mußte demzufolge schon nach 2 Tagen abgebrochen werden. Nur ein Campurlaub gelang mit ihr, auf einem Zeltplatz umgeben von Hunderten Campern.Dein Vater campte schon mit 12 Jahren allein in der Wildnis. Zum campen benötigte er in der Regel weder Schlafmatten,Isomatten(alles unnützes Gepäck), 2 Plastiktüten reichten, wo die Tageskleidung eingeschlossen als Unterlage diente. Mit Fallenstellen, angeln, wurde Nahrung beschafft, sowie sammeln von Naturprodukten.

    Jep son Schlammbaden ist gesund, spart Seife und reinigt doch, weil viele gesundheitsstoffe integriert sind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mara,

    das hört sich gut an! Von all den Ländern, in denen ich bisher gecampt habe, war NZ das camperfreundlichste!

    Ich drücke Dir beide Daumen, dass es mit Deinen Papieren klappt!

    Siggi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts