I'm the toothpaste monster...

.. or: How to keep yourself from going insane over nasty itching mosquito bites...

I've always been a favorite victim for any kind of sucking insect. No matter whether it's a mosquito or a sandfly, they LOVE me - and my skin sometimes reacts with huge marks as big as my mobile phone. It's hard to keep yourself from scratching all the time. And if that wasn't annoying enough - some bites are in rather uncomfortable areas (such as your butt) so pants or other clothing items do the scratching for you. Whether you want them to or not.

So what to do? In Germany I would normally use a soothing balm like Fenistil. But first of all I usually don't have any around and second it normally doesn't really help either.

So what to do?!? There's gotta be something... A friend of mine told me today that her husband actually tried HOT WAX!!! He said it helped - but I'm not that sadistic... So what else is there? She had another good suggestion: TOOTHPASTE. You normally have THAT at hand so at least it's a practical solution.

I just applied some toothpaste on the biggest mosquito bites - and it actually feels better. It really does have a cooling and therefore soothing effect. The only problem is - I shouldn't go out now cos I smell like dentist...

How do you treat itchy bites - what are your secret weapons?

Comments

Popular Posts