Maerchen is news!

As a journalist you are used to reading your name in the newspaper or online - depending on where you work - regularly. However, I am currently not working in that profession so I was quite surprised when a friend told me last night that there was a story about me in the local paper back home.

Of course I knew it could only have been done by my former colleague and now dear friend Didi. He'd come to the train station in Leipzig on the day of my departure and not only had bid me farewell but had also taken a few shots of me and my family saying goodbye.

Claudia just sent me the small article via email and I will not hide it from you. There are a few minor mistakes in there for those who understand enough German and wonder why Whangarei is suddenly in Auckland ;-) But it is a nice gesture and just reading the article brings back a lot of memories from the time I myself used to write for that newspaper. Hope you enjoy it :-)

Comments

Popular Posts